Sunday, January 10, 2010

Out of Town...

I have been busy at work this week. I was out of town from Wednesday through Saturday in Regina, and was unable to run outside for obvious reasons. It was -35C for the majority of my stay, so I did a 3 miler on the treadmill Wednesday, followed by a 4 mile on Saturday morning before flying home. I did take 2 days off in a row due to long workdays, but I had run 6 days consecutively prior, so it was a welcome rest.

Today I headed out at home for a long run. I did 9.3 miles too fast yet again, but it was not the greatest weather. As per usual, I picked the pace up too much and probably negated the benefits of a long run by a little. Oh well, I was freezing.

The other interesting thing that I did this week was join a running club. I have no actual experience working with a coach, and I figured that it was about time I get some formal instruction. Tuesday night was the first workout, and the program is designed for the 30k race I am doing in March. I met a lot of great new people that live close by, and I look forward to keeping motivated and having some options for people to run with. I have always ran by myself, so being able to head out for a run with somebody with similar goals should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment